MY ISTANBUL EXPERIENCE


It was a three-day gateway business/vacation and so I had just a little time to explore Turkey as I was there for a business meeting and was sure going to make the most of this trip. The flight from Lagos to Istanbul took only 07hours 35mins, and before I knew it, I was in a different country. As soon as we descended from the aircraft into the airport I could feel the effect of the chilly wind.

We had a full list of business meetings and sightseeing to do but I could not wait to explore the city in my own little way. Every moment was to be savored as travel pictures are very important elements for my travel diary. Traveling sometimes involves a lot of hassles depending on individual personality but we should be grateful for the opportunity to travel.

 Things I Missed About Nigeria. 


Some Like It Hot, Some Like It Cold;
  I would say I hate the chill wind which varies with sunshine. One thing I advise passengers as a travel consultant is to always check up on the weather condition in the country you intend to visit whether for business or vacation. The weather could either make you enjoy your stay or leave you with a disappointing feeling. So I decided to do my own little research before embarking on this exciting trip. The Naija sun might be hot but to be honest, I enjoy it.



Food:
The thought of Nigeria jollof rice kept on tormenting me for days, I only had to reminisce about the jollof rice I had a day before my trip. I was also curious as to why the fruits were so big and fresh as they didn't look so real or taste the same. I found it rather confusing as the cucumber tasted like an egg and so it was difficult adapting to available dishes. According to the famous cartoon “Croods”, anything new is bad. I would rather stick to my Nigerian delicacies for the fear of being a regular to the toilet.


Familiarity:
My stay was short and brief but I missed my family, for the short period I was away,I missed my freedom because I felt like the newest black kid on the block. I was new to the environment and couldn't explore the city just as much as I wanted to. The fact that I had limited time made it impossible for me to truly navigate Istanbul on my own.

Istanbul in a Nutshell:

My time in Istanbul was pretty short but I had a wonderful experience. One thing I found interesting were the buildings; they didn't have modern structures, I could describe Istanbul as an ancient city in a modern world. The streets were lined with boutiques, and it was easy to do window-shopping right from your hotel room. I had the privilege of enjoying the city tour and had to visit the popular blue mosque and even went to the local market where I bought some local food spices.


Tips: If you are traveling to the USA or London on turkish airline with a very long layover from 8 hours and above, you can take this wonderful advantage of enjoying the Istanbul tour package which costs USD50 just to explore the beautiful city.

love from Istanbul......

Comments

Popular Posts