My Mom Super Receipe To Get That Igbo Man ( omalicha" Recipe)



Growing up as a little girl, I always hear my mom say the way to a man's heart is through his tummy. My Aunt will always tell me good cooking makes a good woman. One could always tell a well fed man from the outside; he is always happy and healthy.


Today, I will not be talking about anything, but about my mom's old time recipe - OFE, a locally made igbo soup. I really do not know if it has an English name but it is a very good recipe that enhances the blood. We might never value what our mom taught us until we become a mother someday.


Ingredients

4 handful of garden egg leaves (mbuba ofe)

One small bowl of palm kernel ( nkpuru akwu)

One small bowl of coco yam (Ede)


Preparation method

Wash, and boil your palm fruit and cocoyam with enough water till it is tender.

Wash, and shred the leaves with your hands.

Once the cocoyam and palm kernel is tender enough, take it off the heat.

Pound the palm fruit, and separate the shaft from the palm kernel to make palm oil paste.

Peel the skin off the cocoyam and pound in mortar until soft, smooth and creamy

Let the palm oil paste boil for a while then add the cocoyam paste to it, let it dissolve to thicken the soup.

Stir well then add the shredded garden egg leaves, lower the heat further and let it cook for a few minutes.

Serve hot to enjoy.





Comments

Popular Posts